According to U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), scooter related injuries are on the rise. You can learn more HERE!
The data shows the below:
- There were about 133,000 emergency room visits associated with all Micromobility products from 2017 through 2019.
- Much of the increase in emergency department (ED) visits involves e-scooters, which rose from 7,700 in 2017, to 14,500 in 2018, to 27,700 in 2019.
- A majority of hoverboard injuries seen in EDs (67%) involved children under age 15. By contrast, 58% of injuries involving e-scooters involved people age 25 and older.
- Fractures, followed by contusions/abrasions, are the two most common diagnoses for ED-treated micromobility injuries.
- The most frequently injured body parts are the upper and lower limbs, as well as the head and the neck.
- Most of the injuries are attributed to unspecified falls. Loss of user control, collisions with other motor vehicles, and pavement issues are other notable hazards leading to the injuries.
- CPSC is aware of 41 fatalities associated with micromobility products from 2017 through 2019, though reporting is incomplete at this time.
Contact A Scooter Accident Injury Attorney
When you or a loved one face minor or major accidents from Bird or Lime scooters, Kleczek Law Office is here to help. If you decide to choose Kleczek Law Office, David Kleczek will start by reviewing your case and all the available information you have to share that you gathered on the date of the accident. We strive to provide our clients with the compensation that he or she deserves following the accident. At Kleczek Law Office, David Kleczek plans to examine every plan of action to give its clients financial recovery.